Provided by Karen Buffington/LMT
Did you know that therapeutic massage therapy treatments can help relieve pain and ease the symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis? If fact, massage treatments can help to alleviate the deteriorating effects of RA. Massage therapy treatments can not only make one feel better on a day-to-day basis but also can improve the overall quality of life for someone affected by arthritis.
How do massage therapy treatments help? While massage is not an actual cure for rheumatoid arthritis, it helps with and eases many of the symptoms associated with the disease.
- Massage therapy treatments help reduce inflammation which is a major source of pain.
- Massage techniques can also increase circulation.
- Flexibility and mobility can increase as a result of different massage techniques.
- Most techniques will relieve muscle aches and stiffness.
- One of the biggest benefits of massage for those with arthritis is the overall relaxation and sense of wellness.
According to a recent study conducted by the Touch Research Institutes at the University of Miami, School of Medicine, massage therapy reduces pain and improves grip strength in people who suffer from arthritis in their hands. This improvement resulted from the participants receiving weekly hand massages over a four week period.
Tranquil Bliss Day Spa offers many massage techniques that improve symptoms associated with rheumatoid arthritis. The staff at Tranquil Bliss Day Spa will provide you with a tranquil environment and innovative services to help you relax, age gracefully and pamper yourself while making each client’s experience exceptional.
Signup now to be in the know about Stillwater events. Just add your email address below and submit.